Thursday, June 3, 2010

You live where?

This is a sunrise picture taken out my back door. Just on the other side of the fence is Greg's U-Pick Berry Farm. Blueberries and Strawberries.

When I tell old friends that we live in New York, they automatically think New York City. We are far from the city, we are in Western New York (for a few more weeks anyway). Home of the Buffalo Wing and Niagara Falls. We are currently in a little hamlet called Clarence Center, population of about 2,000 people. Clarence Center has an intersection called "The Corners". Most of the buildings and homes around that corner date in the early 1800's. I love it! I couldn't leave without taking a few pictures.



It may be a little strange but I love old cemeteries.
Especially when American Flags show their glory over the final resting place of a Veteran.


I tried not to get too attached when we moved here since we knew we would not be here long. 5 years at the most. This weekend it will be 4 years. I find myself a little misty eyed when I am reminded that we are actually leaving. I have met a boatload of women that I call my friends. I joined Buffalo Mothers Group when Braeden was just 10 weeks old. Being a new mom in a new town, they were there for me. Through the poopy diapers, rashes and the "why won't my kid eat" issues. The memories that I have formed here will last a lifetime.

Our time here has been a whirlwind. Sean left the Army. We moved here from Georgia to an apartment in June 2006, Braeden was born Nov 2006, Bought a house April 2007 and ripped it apart. Worked on that house from April 07 to October 2009. That October Miles was born. Sold the house in two days but had months of issues with the buyer. Moved to the current duplex in December, just before Christmas. Since we have been in NY, I have packed and unpacked a total of 7 times. Two of those times I was pregnant. Sean has held 3 job titles (which is a good thing). We have traveled to Canada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Virginia... I think I'm forgetting one or two. We have been to Niagara Falls at least 7 times. It is a beautiful sight to see!

So now we are waiting (patiently) for the company to finalize housing for us in Iowa. Then we are excitingly off to our new adventure!







1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Melissa.
    We love Greg's U-pick. We got our pumpkins there this past year.

    I admire your ability to roll with the punches, getting up and moving so often. I could never do it!

    ReplyDelete