Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside...

But the oven is roaring and it's hot in here.




Sean: "I decided what we will do as gifts for my employees."

Sean: "I decided what you will be doing as gifts for my employees" wink, wink.

Me: "What?"

Sean: "Bake cookies"

14 cookie tins full...



I was in a little time crunch on the baking since we were snowed/iced in.

The day I needed to buy supplies, the weather report said "travel not advised."

Rain, sleet or snow.... or icy roads... the baker will get through.



A few hundred cut out Almond Vanilla Cookies, a little colored icing...
some sticky messes...


and decorating was on it's way.
This was the first time I ever used flood icing and it was quite fun.
I added a little sparkle to my octopi snowflake cookies.


A hundred or so dipped pretzel rods.
A couple sheets of Chocolate Bark.

A few batches of Espresso Chocolate Snow Caps
Finally, a couple of batches of Peppermint Fudge and some Ginger Molasses cookies to top it off.



2 comments:

  1. And you even had time to take pictures along the way. You are truly superwoman! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First.. it BLOWS my mind that people live in places covered with snow like this.. how do you function...
    Second.. those are the most beautiful cookies I have seen.. what is the frosting recipe?
    Hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete