Friday, August 20, 2010

I should have gone to Beauty School

About 10 years ago we decided that we were going to save some money and I was going to start cutting Sean's hair. He had an Army haircut. How hard could it be? Well, after a few bad blends, he vowed to never let me touch his hair again.
Fast forward to present day. I have two little boys. I can't think of anyone better to practice on. Braeden was way overdue for a haircut so I ran down to the corner Walgreen's.. ha ha ha ha... and picked up some new clippers. It even came with a nifty plastic cape!
I think I did a pretty good job.. if I do say so myself.
A few days later it was Miles' turn. His hair is too fine to use clippers so I had to cut it all with scissors. I had never done that before but I had a pretty good idea about sectioning the hair and which direction to cut it so it would not have lines in it.
I put his highchair in front of the t.v. and played Curious George. It kept him occupied just long enough. I did have a difficult time cutting the back since the back of his chair is taller than his head... but it worked out.
Here is the shaggy do he had last week.
And this is the nice cropped cut he is rocking today.
He will never be mistaken for a girl again.







1 comment: