Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just a Material thing

But it was a material thing that I LOVED. My garden globe.
We worked our butts off on the house on Grand Island. Inside and out.
I had always wanted a gazing ball to place in a garden. But we did not want just any gazing ball. We wanted to find something unique for the flower garden we were about to plant. When we went to the landscape place, we saw this one and fell in love despite the $$.
It is a hand blown, hand crafted, globe of the earth. The continents (inside the globe) consisted of a tiny glow in the dark material. It was a piece of art. I loved it. Did I say LOVED?


This evening, Sean and I were sitting on the porch, Braeden was playing with his sand table. Braeden had brought Sean a few cool rocks and went back to playing. One by one, Sean began to toss the rocks through the railing on the porch. On the third toss we heard the ear piercing shatter of glass. It was ear piercing to me anyway because I knew instantly what that sound was.

Sean looked at me with a look of "No, I just didn't"!.....

The globe was no longer on it's stand but now in the rock bed that surrounds the porch.

The margarita I was drinking eased the pain of losing a beautiful piece of art.
If you ever see something similar, please let me know. I will be on the lookout.


2 comments:

  1. Oh! That sucks! :( It really was beautiful. But way to keep it in perspective! Did the continents glow in the dark? Can't tell if this is similar, but there seemed to be several similar versions online: https://www.echovalley.com/product.php?p=product&id=221&parent=6
    Hope you find a replacement that you love even more...And keep Sean away from rocks. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that happened :(

    ReplyDelete